- Cut the wicks before each burning. They can not exceed 1 cm.
- When burning the candle for the first time, let it burn until the whole surface is liquid. This will avoid the candle becomes hollow.
- Dark smoke after some hours burning means the wicks are too long. It is time to put out the candle.
- Five minutes after putting out the candle, and before the wax is totally solid, reposition the wicks vertically to their initial place.
- Do not burn the last centimeters of wax to avoid wicks lying down and burning against the glass due to a lack of stability in fully liquid wax.
- Extinguish the candle when the melt pool reaches 2 cm.
WARNING: a wick burning against the glass may result in the blasting of the glass.